We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
• deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
• confidence to challenge what’s gone before
• the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
As the Director Digital & E-commerce you will be a responsible for leading the digital function, strategy and eCommerce practice for our client L’Oréal (Consumer product division). You will work closely with our brands, stakeholder clients and internal team to best advise, plan and monitor digital E-commerce strategy, focused on business understanding and meeting KPI’s. You will provide strategic direction and oversight of planning as well as communication to the client/internal teams and partners. This role is an essential part of our client’s digital evolution and increase of their part of the e-retail weight of business
Three Best Things About the Job:
• Lead senior client-facing work for notable brands that have an appetite for innovation and exploring the new and different
• Opportunity to be a part of Wavemaker’s growth and legacy in the industry
• The best of the 2 worlds, managing the digital savvy brands of the CPD division and advising digital and e-retail practice across all brands of the division
• Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, translating them into digital objectives/strategies
• Lead delivery of eCommerce services + strategy across all brands working closely with managers and e-comm team included, Amazon and other retailers
• Manage the strategy of 3 brands of the portfolio with your team: NYX, Maybelline, Essie.
• Preparing insightful analysis, summarized in compelling reports, to provide ongoing delivery of insight to brands, from vendors, innovations, competitors
• Routinely collaborates with the media team to arrive at recommendations supported by data and analytics
• Work with internal and external groups (Wavemaker, Labelium, Trading desk, Ad ops, brands) on the development of performances dashboards & processes
• Work with the CRM & trading desk teams to see how to better manage, collect and use the CRM & 3rd parties data Best in class strategic framework for how we approach channels across category leveraging learnings from campaigns to develop framework for how we approach i.e.. YouTube, social
• Monitoring test & learn across all brands with an eye to automation
• Ensure media plans deliver on client objectives, are strategic and meet efficiency goals
• Working collaboratively with performance teams (Programmatic, Social, and Search teams).
• Help oversee staffing training and developmental needs
• Representation on relevant industry boards and key industry events
What You Will Need:
• Minimum 7+ years of implementation experience or related working across digital with an emphasis eCommerce or e-retail, and in media,
• Demonstrates understanding of media basics and concepts:
o knowledge of all buying methods and tactics, enabled to understand media efficacy
o Master all digital media channels
• Perfect understanding of the e-comm and eretail ecosystems, beyond media
• Understanding of programmatic landscape or capabilities within certain DSP eco-systems: Direct experience in a trading desk is a plus
• Consumer centric and data-driven thinking
• Know DCM & verification partners (double click, MOAT, DAR, double verify)
• Agency or client experience preferred
• Proficient with Syndicated tools (PMB, Evaliant, Xpert, Comscore, etc.)
• Digitally savvy: uses digital and social media, demonstrates passion about emerging media & tech, Google Analytics, Google Images, ability to search and research topics, etc.
• Data driven thinking
• Interest in the video ecosystem and disciplines (traditional, on-line, digital, etc.)
• Works well in a team setting
• A proactive attitude. We’re a team, but you’ll need to be able to work independently too.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Embraces PACED (Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneur, Diversity) core values
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusivity. We are committed to creating a safe and respectful work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive and collaborative we are, the more great work we can create together.
GroupM encourages all qualified candidates to apply and has an exceptional record of accommodating the needs of our staff. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please let us know. GroupM thanks all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted